Management education accreditation is, today, an industry in need of restructuring.
Highly concentrated accreditation organizations are preserving decades old standards.
Conceptual and operational flaws mar the process. The need is there for an alternative that reflects present day business dynamics and market needs .
AAIME is an organization created to develop and implement novel standards for management education accreditation.
AAIME is an organization driven by a number of key principles :
1. Accreditation is not an entry barrier to the management education industry and should never constitute a barrier
2. Accreditation should place emphasis on output and the market conformity of this output
3. Accreditation is not the monopoly of the academic community. Industry , government and politics should have an impact on the process.
4. Accreditation is a flow and not a single event.
AAIME integrates those principles into its conceptual and operational frameworks.
AAIME is guided by primary and secondary objectives.
To the primary objectives belong the following :
1. Develop innovative standards for accreditation of management instruction programs at educational or professional institutions
2. Apply developed standards to programs and institutions willing to go through the process of accreditation and introduce relevant adjustments.
3. Create a network of progressive management education institutions.
4. Enhance the process of accreditation throug consulting and advice
5. Support the process of accreditation through publication, seminars,conferences and discussion forums